Purpose Roasters was born in Colfax Washington to a family WITH A PASSION FOR UNIQUE FOOD, GREAT COFFEE, AND DOING THINGS WELL.
We are a family-owned and operated small business from a small farming community. It just made sense that we'd take our small town roots and do big things. Let us tell you a bit about ourselves.
When we started roasting, we actually used a popcorn air-popper. Hey, when you know you're called to do something big, you don't let little things get in the way. Coffee roasting has become such a big thing in our family life that one of our little boys' favorite things to do is to sit up on the counter in our basement and watch our homeroast roasting process. It's a family affair.
When we began the conversation about starting a business we had a few requirements. We decided that our story would have to include giving back to the community and society as a whole. We wanted to engage our guests (online and in our cafe) in a way that brought cause and purpose to the forefront. When we brainstormed it all out, it was clear to us that God had His hands on this small business adventure.
Coffee is useful, fun and fills a need. Being able to fill more than cups is what keeps us roasting and giving back.
OUR BELIEFS, MISSION, & CORE PHILOSOPHIES
|We believe that everyone has a purpose. Ours is to provide an exceptional coffee experience while investing in the lives of others by helping them find and fulfill their purpose. We believe the value of community and service.||To deliver superior quality products while connecting individuals to a purpose. We believe that people have the innate desire to support the betterment of mankind. We are committed to providing our customers with exceptional coffee, while offering a platform for service and stewardship. It is our desire for our customers to be inspired to discover and use their purpose to better our world.||
Reach: outward to support others in fulfilling their purpose.
Excellence: in the roasting process from start to finish, and in our interactions with others.
Contribute: to humanity by sourcing coffee from sustainable growers and being responsible stewards of our resources.
Engage: with causes, communities, stories, and individuals.
- We are family owned and operated. A husband and wife team with two little boy helpers who know more about the roasting process than any preschooler should.
- We started roasting at home using an air popcorn popper.
- Day Jobs: Travis co-owns a waterproofing business where coffee fuels his long hours on the road and at the job site. Janelle is a Ph.D. with an affinity for drinking coffee while grading papers.
- Hobbies: Going on mountain adventures, collecting Japanese kitchen knives, and taking an obnoxious amount of photos of our boys.
- Janelle and Travis’ perfect day: 7000 feet up in the mountains, picking berries with our boys while sipping Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee.